Thursday 23 January 2014

My Why.

I've been writing this post for months. I don't know why I've been stuck on this for so long but it will be done today.

Over the last year, I have had to adjust my mindset. Christmas 2012 I spent my holiday season struggling to walk. My legs felt heavy. I was depressed. I know that it's a symptom of Multiple Sclerosis. I know I needed a round of steroids and I'd be able to walk properly again but it still was super scary. It got me thinking.

I know that my future is uncertain. I don't know when/if I will relapse. I don't know what my symptoms will be. Somethings, I just don't know. But there are things I do know:

1. I wake up every morning. Simple as that. I get up. I move. I do.

2. Life is short. I learned that from losing my mom 4 years ago. Her journey inspires me on a daily basis. She didn't give up and neither will I.

3. I workout because I can. It's not about determination or will power. It makes me feel like I can do anything. I'm stronger. Healthier. Leaner. Nicer. Happier. It is a blessing.

4. I will be able to play with my nephews, niece, cousins, etc. I will to be able to chase around my Godson and be the "cool" aunt. And at some point, I will be a "cool" mom. Maybe. I don't know if I'll be cool but I hope.

I visited the MS clinic Wednesday and my physical results haven't changed. He even noticed my arm muscles ;).  To hear that I haven't changed physically is amazing news, especially since 6 months ago, they did.

 I can do all the things I want to do. I can. I will.

That's my why.

What's yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment